Fighting hunger and poverty in Mallorca. Supported by donations from superyachts, the yachting community and beyond.
Yachting Gives Back is a registered charity through which the yachting industry – both yachts and service companies – are helping to alleviate the problems of poverty and hunger in Mallorca.
It may not be visible at first sight, but even on this beautiful island there are people who struggle to survive below the poverty line. The annual "Poverty Watch España 2022" by the European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN) reports that nearly a quarter (24,5%) of the population in the Balearic Islands, around 302 000 people, were at risk of poverty and exclusion in 2022, an increase of 2,5% compared to 2021. The report confirms that there is a before and after pandemic, with over a million people having fallen into poverty over the last two years in the whole of Spain.
We collaborate with several local charities to reach out to those most in need - people who suffer from hunger and have nowhere to live. We cooperate also with organisations that work with vulnerable mothers, children and young people at risk of exclusion and poverty.
We collect food and other necessities from the yachting community in a central location in STP, where the shipyard kindly put a container at our disposal. The container is our day-to-day focal point, where we sort out the donations prior to distribution. The container is open for donations every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30 - 10.30. Pick-ups can also be organised, just get in touch with us. You can find the contact details at the bottom of this page.
* Donate excess from the galley or from your own kitchen
* Buy some extra when you shop
* Organise a collection box on your yacht or in your business
* Donate funds for us to shop on your behalf
* Donate personal hygiene and cleaning products
* Check if you have any items that we are asking for on our FB page
* Recycle any items and clothing that you don´t need anymore and that are in good condition. We will ensure that everything is put to good use.
* Participate in food-raising drives and initiatives
* Maybe you and your friends or colleagues can start a fundraiser, challenge your mates!
* Tell your friends about our project and share our posts in your social media channels
* Every little bit helps, thank you so much! ❤️
Yachting Gives Back is asking primarily for non-perishable, basic foodstuffs that are in date. Other items are also welcome, see the list on the right. If you would like us to shop for the soup kitchens or food banks on your behalf, or donate for the purchase of other needed items, see instructions how to make a bank transfer to the YGB account:
Mobirise best software